Independence: the fact or state of being independent
Independent: free from outside control; not subject to another’s authority
Day 9: Balance your adventure and work while you are away on a long holiday.
What would I do if I was in paradise for a month but I had to combine it with work? I feel like being a bit practical with this one.
So here are 6 things I would do:
1. I would definitely make sure I had my laptop with me and that I stayed somewhere with easy access to wifi, preferably a nice hotel.
2. I would plan as much of my holiday as possible in advance so that I have an idea what I am going to be doing every day.
3. I would do an initial itinerary and share it with my team, so that they know when I am contactable.
4. I would also make a list of the work I am expected to be doing and be aware of any deadlines. Be organised and efficient.
5. I am not working every day, so that I make the most of any excursions or activities I choose to do in paradise, without worrying about work.
6. Besides. My team is the best team!
In a few words, I would like to have a team that I can trust and I would try to be prepared as much as possible in advance so that I will not have to compromise neither my holiday or my work.
Location independence for me is not necessarily just about the place I work from, I think for me is more about being able to organise my time in such a way that I am more efficient and have a better work-life balance.
And that’s my day 9 challenge post.
Feel free to share and comment.
Thank You for reading.
1. Be prepared.
2. Be efficient.
3. Surround yourself with the best people.
This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 9 – click here